Sunday, June 26, 2011

Childminder...Babysitter...Nanny

I wear many hats as a college graduate-the beret of butchering Martha Stewart recipes, the baseball cap of pointless movie trivia, the fez of proper semicolon usage-but the most flattering has got to be the Revolutionary War bonnet of child care provider.

Sure, it's a rough job, but someone's got to do it, and who's more capable than a woman in her early twenties with a Bachelor of Journalism of her very own? Thanks to my ill-named BJ, I have the power to claim more experience than the tweens starting their very own Babysitter's Club, and therefore get to charge $1.50 more per hour for my wisdom.
(Sidenote: Why didn't the original BC (not that little sister crap) ever cash in on their tsunami of business knowledge? They could have franchises sweeping the nation by now. Note to past self: jump on this.)

As a nanny, I have two consistent 'clients'. There's the 11-month-old, Wes, who I've been with for almost nine months now, and the 9-month-old triplets, Addison, Victoria and Cooper, who I've been with for four months. It's been an adorable, boring, fun, exhausting, disgusting whirlwind of birth control that I would love to share with you.

Along with my tales from the nanny files, I'll also be sharing some of my successful cooking endeavors. My most recent accomplishment was Snickerdoodle Cupcakes, and booyah (is that still a thing?) they were good!

I'll also slip in some of my observations about life...just because I can. You won't know until you read it and you'll be like, "Crap. Why did I just acknowledge her inane thought processes?" Because I tricked you...that's why.

So come with me on this journey of mediocrity in the midwest, as I lay out the ten things to do with a journalism degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment